Forever Living Products Aloe Vera Health and Vitality

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Green Information Technology - Energy Efficient Laptops

I was recently having a conversation with some friends and came up with the idea of a solar powered laptop, I had already given away my money spinning idea and quickly pulled my fingers across my mouth in a gesture showing that I was zipping my mouth closed and we all had a joke about it...

A quick search online and I realised that my idea was not that original as there are countless results showing the solar powered laptop or something remotely similar incorporating the same idea (oh well, there goes my patent).

Solar powered laptops would work because they are portable and can be easily left in an area where they can catch natural light and recharge effortlessly. I saw one website with a man and his lightweight foldable solar powered panels which looked as though they could easily be plugged into a cable to power the laptop, this looked quite interesting....

It really would be nice to see more solar powered laptops for sale or in fact some kind of technology which could be adapted to mains powered laptops, that would be really cool. I guess this is known as green IT.

I've already seen solar powered mobile phone chargers and even seen a solar powered car, so it would be interesting to see solar powered laptops being sold, this would be especially useful if you are in an area where there is little to no electricity available to charge your mobile phone or laptop. 


Related External Links

BCS launches green IT qualification

Green IT needs public sector support


No comments:

Post a Comment

While I encourage readers to leave their quality comments, please DO NOT leave comments with advertising in this blog. Additionally comments from fake, hidden blogs, hidden profiles or PROFILE NOT AVAILABLE will be deleted or edited.

I reserve the right to edit or delete the comments as appropriate...Thank you for your cooperation.

Greenpeace - Making Waves

Earthquake Report

Livescience.com