Forever Living Products Aloe Vera Health and Vitality

Saturday, February 13, 2010

Recycling old batteries

While I was out and about, I came across a battery recycling scheme taking place at Currys Digital stores where I saw that they had a container filled with batteries for recycling.

I have an old Bisto container which houses all my used batteries (while I tried to figure out what to do with them), so I was glad to see that I can dump all my used old batteries for recycling. I now use rechargeable batteries most of the time so I don't really have to worry much about recycling old batteries which contain mercury, a poisonous chemical found in batteries. Well, at least you know that batteries can be recycled.

While talking to one of the Managers in-store, I was given some information about some other recycling schemes that they have. He told me that customers can drop off their used and old electrical equipment that needs to be recycled at Currys. I was impressed as sometimes you see these used electricals lying in the streets causing an eye-sore, so you can drop them off at Currys Digital for recycling.


How much do you get for recycling old batteries?

Well, as far as I know, you don't get anything for recycling old batteries in the UK, but you may get something for your battery recycling efforts in other parts of the world.

However, it is good to recycle them because batteries contain toxic chemicals and are dangerous to just dump in the dustbin.

Recycling Batteries at Currys and PC World

You can also recycle your old printer ink cartridges in the recycling bins provided instore.

Ink cartridge recycling at PC World and Currys


Update 18 June 2013

I saw an advert online where some people are buying old ink cartridges. So many you can do a search and see what's on offer for your old ink cartridges. I normally just send mine in those plastic charitable envelopes when I get a few piled up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

While I encourage readers to leave their quality comments, please DO NOT leave comments with advertising in this blog. Additionally comments from fake, hidden blogs, hidden profiles or PROFILE NOT AVAILABLE will be deleted or edited.

I reserve the right to edit or delete the comments as appropriate...Thank you for your cooperation.

Greenpeace - Making Waves

Earthquake Report

Livescience.com